How to extend a German Passport?

Informationen zur Passbeantragung Die Sommerferien stehen vor der Tür! Sie wollen verreisen? Ist Ihr Pass noch gültig und hat er noch ausreichend Platz für evtl. notwendige Visa sowie Ein- und Ausreisestempel? In Ihrem Interesse möchten wir Sie daran erinnern, Ihren

I need a passport photo. Where can I get one made?

Go to the Wumei Market at the end of the Food Mile on the PKU campus, go through the subterranean floor to the far end. On the left side is a photo studio. If you want, you can get your photo

I need to go to the Danish Embassy. Where can I find it?

Here is the address of the Danish Embassy : Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing 丹麦大使馆 Ambassador: H.E. Mr. Friis Arne Petersen No. 1, Dong Wu Jie, San Li Tun, Chaoyang District, 100600 Beijing (map) Tel. (+86)10 8532 9900, Fax: (+86)10 8532

I need to go to the German Embassy. Where can I find it?

Here is the address of the German Embassy : Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Beijing 德国大使馆 Ambassador: H.E. Dr. Michael Schäfer, No. 17, Dong Zhi Men Wai Da Jie, Chao Yang District, 100600 Beijing (map) Tel: (+86)10 8532

When do I need to have my passport on me?

Within Beijing a copy of your passport and the PKU student ID will suffice. But once you leave the capital always have your passport with you. Without it you can’t lodge at hotels and you might get in trouble if

What do I do when I lost my passport?

Please try not to loose it! If you do, a whole bunch of time-consuming paper work is waiting ahead. Without a passport and valid visa you have no identification on your person and you can’t leave the country either. However

I want to leave China during the semester. How can I get a visa?

Avoid leaving China during the semester, your original visa (in most cases an F-visa valid for 180 days) will become invalid. In order to return you need a new visa valid long enough so you can participate in the exams.

Do I need my passport when I make domestic travels?

Always keep your original passport in your apartment and use a copy and your student-ID as identification within Beijing. When travelling outside Beijing you have to have your passport with you. Make sure you keep it in a safe bag