I need to go to the Danish Embassy. Where can I find it?

Here is the address of the Danish Embassy : Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing 丹麦大使馆 Ambassador: H.E. Mr. Friis Arne Petersen No. 1, Dong Wu Jie, San Li Tun, Chaoyang District, 100600 Beijing (map) Tel. (+86)10 8532 9900, Fax: (+86)10 8532

I need to go to the German Embassy. Where can I find it?

Here is the address of the German Embassy : Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Beijing 德国大使馆 Ambassador: H.E. Dr. Michael Schäfer, No. 17, Dong Zhi Men Wai Da Jie, Chao Yang District, 100600 Beijing (map) Tel: (+86)10 8532

The officers at the PSB bureau don’t understand me. What vocabulary do I need?

As if losing your passport is not a headache in itself, for all the entailing paperwork you have to talk to officials who often only speak Chinese. Here is a list of useful vocabulary for this: 派出所登记表 pàichūsuǒ děngjìbiǎo police

What do I do when I lost my passport?

Please try not to loose it! If you do, a whole bunch of time-consuming paper work is waiting ahead. Without a passport and valid visa you have no identification on your person and you can’t leave the country either. However

I want to visit Vietnam (or another country nearby) at the end of my stay, come back to Beijing for a day to pick up my stuff and leave for home. Can I do that?

This is possible even without a regular visa if your stay in China is less than 24 hours . You need to have your connecting ticket from Beijing at hand before boarding your flight to China or the airline in

I want to leave China during the semester. How can I get a visa?

Avoid leaving China during the semester, your original visa (in most cases an F-visa valid for 180 days) will become invalid. In order to return you need a new visa valid long enough so you can participate in the exams.